At Sonshine Preschool we partner with families because we recognize that:
- Parents are a child’s first and most significant teachers.
- Parents have opportunities to help with the education of their child by volunteering in: the classroom, events, fund raiser, or being a representative to the school board.
- The family is the most important and fundamental social unit in building character as well as emotionally and physically healthy children.
- Parental behavior defines God for children.
- No parent should stand alone:
- We provide encouragement and support
- We offer resources and workshops so that parents can have the information and opportunity to grow strong in their personal character, courage and confidence to better equip them to build strong families.
- We offer School and Family Events throughout the year to help families connect and build friendships and have fun. ( Ice Cream Social, Thanksgiving Feast, Field Trips, Christmas Pageant, Mother’s Day Tea, Father’s Day In)
- Parents Night: Before school begins parents have an opportunity to meet the teachers and have a Q and A about their child’s school year. Opportunity is given to sign up for a home visit for the teacher to meet your child in their own familiar surroundings before the first day of school.